Interview with Beseler, Hans-FriedrichFrom the The European Commission 1986-2000. Memories of an institution Collection
Recorded in 10 November 2016 Brussels
Interview by Lucia Coppolaro in English
During the interview, Mr Beseler discussed the following topics:
- his career path in the Commission;
- DG Trade: organization and atmosphere;
- his connections with Germany;
- the contacts with other DGs;
- lobbying in Brussels;
- the Uruguay Round;
- the relations with Member States and private groups;
- the creation of WTO;
- China’s accession to WTO.
Reproduction is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged, except where otherwise stated.
Where prior permission must be obtained for the reproduction or use of textual and multimedia information
(sound, images, etc.), this permission cancels the general permission mentioned elsewhere and indicates any restrictions on use.