Interview with Reding, VivianeFrom the The European Commission 1986-2000. Memories of an institution Collection
Recorded in 22 June 2017 Luxembourg
Interview by Aline Sierp in English
During the interview, Ms Reding discussed the following issues:
- Career path, start as ‘junior’ Commissioner;
- Crisis after the Santer affair, difficult relations with the EP;
- Development of Media programme, involvement of the EIB, Cannes and the Media Prize;
- Education: Launch of e- learning initiative, life-long learning, Bologna process, Erasmus, language learning;
- Citizens’ dialogue;
- Culture 2000 programme;
- Sports and World Anti-doping agency, transfer rules for minors in UEFA;
- Identity questions and multilingualis;
- Europe for Citizens Programme;
- Collaboration with the EP;
- Relationship with the media and interest groups.
Reproduction is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged, except where otherwise stated.
Where prior permission must be obtained for the reproduction or use of textual and multimedia information
(sound, images, etc.), this permission cancels the general permission mentioned elsewhere and indicates any restrictions on use.