Interview with Cox, RobertFrom the The European Commission 1986-2000. Memories of an institution Collection
Recorded in 05 April 2016 Brussels
Interview by Ivan Obadić in English
During the interview Mr Cox discussed the following topics:
- Educational background;
- Circumstances of appointment; career and status;
- European commitment;
- Career path after the Commission;
- Function and work in the European Commission;
- Key personalities (Commissioners and European civil servants);
- A People’s Europe (1980s);
- Community symbols;
- EU audio-visual policy;
- Political Reporting System and Priority Information Program;
- Communication strategy of the Maastricht Treaty;
- European Commission involvement in the Yugoslav crisis (1991);
- European Community Humanitarian Office (ECHO).
Reproduction is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged, except where otherwise stated.
Where prior permission must be obtained for the reproduction or use of textual and multimedia information
(sound, images, etc.), this permission cancels the general permission mentioned elsewhere and indicates any restrictions on use.