Interview with Carvalho, Abraão deFrom the The European Commission 1986-2000. Memories of an institution Collection
Recorded in 26 May 2017 Lisbon
Interview by Francesco Petrini in English
During the interview, Mr Carvalho discussed the following issues:
- Portuguese industry and European integration;
- Internal market;
- Single European Act;
- the role of Jacques Delors in establishing the single market;
- cohesion policy and the single market programme;
- importance of majority voting;
- harmonisation and its limits;
- Bangemann and harmonisation;
- industrial policy in shipbuilding and aerospace;
- Galileo programme;
- European defence industry;
- competition with the US in defence industry;
- Bangemann Plan for a common defence market;
- access to raw materials.
Reproduction is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged, except where otherwise stated.
Where prior permission must be obtained for the reproduction or use of textual and multimedia information
(sound, images, etc.), this permission cancels the general permission mentioned elsewhere and indicates any restrictions on use.