Interview with Armstrong, LindsayFrom the The European Commission 1986-2000. Memories of an institution Collection
Recorded in 23 August 2017 Paris
Interview by Stefanie Pukallus in English
The interviews covers the following subjects:
- Armstrong's career before joining the Commission;
- His first job at the Information Office in Paris;
- Challenges to the European Community in the 1970s;
- His time in Brussels including the Rapid Reply Service, EUROPA (origins, development, organisation and success) and new information technologies;
- Colleagues Armstrong particularly liked working with.
Reproduction is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged, except where otherwise stated.
Where prior permission must be obtained for the reproduction or use of textual and multimedia information
(sound, images, etc.), this permission cancels the general permission mentioned elsewhere and indicates any restrictions on use.