Interview with Wilkinson, ChristopherFrom the The European Commission 1986-2000. Memories of an institution Collection
Recorded in 06 March 2017 Brussels
Interview by Nathalie Tousignant in English
In this interview, Mr Wilkinson discussed the following topics:
- the 1986 enlargement to Spain and Portugal;
- the Esprit research programme;
- international trade and the relations with DG I;
- Jacques Delors;
- the development of GSM standards, high definition television standards and OSI
- the relations with telecommunication industry lobbies;
- the European Community Panel of Participants and ICANN;
- the .eu domain proposal;
- his work at the World Bank;
- multi-stakeholder organisations.
Reproduction is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged, except where otherwise stated.
Where prior permission must be obtained for the reproduction or use of textual and multimedia information
(sound, images, etc.), this permission cancels the general permission mentioned elsewhere and indicates any restrictions on use.