Interview with Viñas, AngelFrom the The European Commission 1986-2000. Memories of an institution Collection
Recorded in 14 June 2017 Brussels
Interview by Alice Cunha in English
During the interview, Mr Viñas discussed the following topics:
- his educational background, recruitment, and career in the Commission;-the Commission position in the UN;-his interest in European affairs;
- his relations with Chris Patten and Hans van den Broek;
- the human rights policy;-the circumstances of his departure;
- the work organization between DG External Political Relations, DG External Economic Relations, and DG Development;
- the relations with Latin America;
- how he was received as a Spaniard;
- his connections with his home country;
- main challenges while at the Commission.
Reproduction is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged, except where otherwise stated.
Where prior permission must be obtained for the reproduction or use of textual and multimedia information
(sound, images, etc.), this permission cancels the general permission mentioned elsewhere and indicates any restrictions on use.