Interview with Van Agt, DriesFrom the The European Commission 1986-2000. Memories of an institution Collection
Recorded in 24 May 2017 Nijmegen
Interview by Jan van der Harst and Anjo G. Harryvan in English
During this interview, Mr van Agt discussed the following topics:
- his European commitment;
- his participation to the Council’s meetings;
- becoming Permanent Representative for the European Commission in Tokyo;
- his working style as Ambassador;
- conflict with Willy De Clercq;
- perception of the European Community in Japan;
- connections with the Netherlands;
- becoming Ambassador of the European Community to Washington;
- his relations with American presidents;
- his departure from Washington;
- getting a guest lectureship in Ritsumeikan University;
- present Europe;
- his talks with Helmut Schmidt.
Reproduction is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged, except where otherwise stated.
Where prior permission must be obtained for the reproduction or use of textual and multimedia information
(sound, images, etc.), this permission cancels the general permission mentioned elsewhere and indicates any restrictions on use.