Interview with Vale de Almeida, JoãoFrom the The European Commission 1986-2000. Memories of an institution Collection
Recorded in 28 February 2017 Sheffield / New York
Interview by Stefanie Pukallus in English
In this interview the following themes are covered:
- Working at the Lisbon Representation and the Representation’s relationship with ‘Brussels’;
- The Spokesperson service and its daily routine;
- Almeida’s views on Presidents Delors and Santer (including the resignation of the Santer Commission);
- The Press Office and the EU’s audio-visual policy;
- Almeida about some of his European colleagues.
Reproduction is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged, except where otherwise stated.
Where prior permission must be obtained for the reproduction or use of textual and multimedia information
(sound, images, etc.), this permission cancels the general permission mentioned elsewhere and indicates any restrictions on use.