Interview with Paleokrassas, YannisFrom the The European Commission 1986-2000. Memories of an institution Collection
Recorded in 29 March 2016 Athens
Interview by Eirini Karamouzi in English
During the interview, Mr Paleokrassas discussed the following topics:
- his educational background and career;
- Greece’s accession and restructuring programme;
- his relations with President Delors and the other commissioners;
- Ecolabel and Eco-audit;
- his relations with the directorates-general;
- the seat of the European Environment Agency;
- the appointment of directors-general;
- Delors presidency;
- White Paper (1993) and a new development model;
- the relations with lobbies and NGOs;
- Member States’ position on environmental issues;
- 1995 enlargement and negotiations with Norway on fisheries issues;
- Montreal Protocol;
- his connections with the Greek government;
- the relations with the European Parliament;
- WHO Rounds;
- Cyprus, Malta and Turkey.
Reproduction is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged, except where otherwise stated.
Where prior permission must be obtained for the reproduction or use of textual and multimedia information
(sound, images, etc.), this permission cancels the general permission mentioned elsewhere and indicates any restrictions on use.