Interview with Lemmel, MagnusFrom the The European Commission 1986-2000. Memories of an institution Collection
Recorded in 19 June 2017 Brussels/Washington DC
Interview by Veera Mitzner in English
During the interview, Mr Lemmel discussed the following topics:
- the relationships between the Federation of Swedish Industries and the European Commission;
- Sweden’s accession to the European Union;
- when he joined the Commission;
- the IT research program;
- the relations between DG III (Industry) and DGXII (Research);
- the standardisation policy;
- the change in the budgetary process (decentralization);
- DGIII (organization, relations with the cabinet and other DGs);
- the electronic commerce;
- DG Enterprise.
Reproduction is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged, except where otherwise stated.
Where prior permission must be obtained for the reproduction or use of textual and multimedia information
(sound, images, etc.), this permission cancels the general permission mentioned elsewhere and indicates any restrictions on use.