Interview with Keck, JörnFrom the The European Commission 1986-2000. Memories of an institution Collection
Recorded in 27 March 2017 Brussels
Interview by Dimitri Zurstrassen in English
In this interview, Mr Keck discussed the following issues:
- his activity inside the Tokyo delegation;
- the functioning of the Tokyo delegation;
- EU-Japan relations between 1986 and 2000;
- the organisation of DGI and the Japan division;
- his activity as director for sectoral commercial negotiations;
- the commercial negotiations in the textiles and automobile sectors;
- the impact of the fall of the Berlin Wall on his work;
- the European Commission’s industrial policy of the 1990s;
- the creation of DG Entreprise;
- the relations between DG III, DG XII, and DG XIII;
- the relations between DG III and the trade unions and the business sector.
Reproduction is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged, except where otherwise stated.
Where prior permission must be obtained for the reproduction or use of textual and multimedia information
(sound, images, etc.), this permission cancels the general permission mentioned elsewhere and indicates any restrictions on use.