Interview with Guth, EckartFrom the The European Commission 1986-2000. Memories of an institution Collection
Recorded in 03 March 2016 Brussels
Interview by Katja Seidel in English
During the interview Mr Guth discussed the following topics:
- GATT Uruguay Round with regard to agriculture, external relations and trade;
- The reform of the common agricultural policy;
- Administrative matters regarding DG I and DG VI;
- Relations with the United States; his role as representative at the WTO and the UN;
- The functioning of the Commission, including inter-service cooperation;
- The budget;
- Integration of civil servants from new member states;
- Work in cabinets of Commissioners Haferkamp and Schreyer.
Reproduction is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged, except where otherwise stated.
Where prior permission must be obtained for the reproduction or use of textual and multimedia information
(sound, images, etc.), this permission cancels the general permission mentioned elsewhere and indicates any restrictions on use.