Interview with Gradin, AnitaFrom the The European Commission 1986-2000. Memories of an institution Collection
Recorded in 04 April 2016 Stockholm
Interview by Haako n A. Ikonomou in English
Topics discussed during the interview include:
- Early years in the socialist movement and the Social Democratic Women’s movement
- Learning from the parents’ political involvement in the temperance movement.
- Her entry into the Council of Europe, working with broader issues than the EC, preparing Central and Eastern European countries for EU membership, working with refugee issues, and building a broad European network.
- Gradin’s years in the Palme Government, and how the minister post prepared her for being a Commissioner.
- Reflections on the close cooperation and trust within her Commission cabinet, and the importance of the socialist network in Europe.
Reproduction is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged, except where otherwise stated.
Where prior permission must be obtained for the reproduction or use of textual and multimedia information
(sound, images, etc.), this permission cancels the general permission mentioned elsewhere and indicates any restrictions on use.